Chicken livers are NOT to be looked over: they offer an amazing panel of nutrition for you and your family that is difficult to find anywhere else! Some of the headliners on that nutrient list:
- Iron, which bolsters your immune system, enables your body to use oxygen efficiently, aids in cell division, and amps your production of red blood cells. An iron deficiency can cause fatigue, decreased oxygen and a weakened immune system;
- Zinc, which plays a role in would healing, immune system function, and cell division;
- B vitamins, which aid in healthy function of your brain and nervous system and to replenish your blood supply;
- Folic acid, which promotes fertility and protects your developing baby;
- Vitamin A, a nutrient that is essential for the health of your eyes and white blood cells;
- Riboflaven, which promotes healthy tissues;
- Selenium, supporting the thyroid;
- Niacin, which helps fend off the disease pellagra
Pastured Chicken Livers also provide pantothenic acid, which supports the adrenal system, as well as providing a high protein content, which lends itself to healthy hair, skin, and nails. They even have a high phosphorus content, helping to keep your bones and teeth healthy. Our Pastured Chicken Livers prove to be an excellent, nutrient-dense addition to your diet!
It's no wonder that organ meats are actually the most-nutrient dense part of an animal!
Each package weights approx. 1.0-1.25 pounds, providing your family with a generous dose of nutrient-packed Pastured Chicken Livers!
Cooking Tips for our Pastured Chicken Livers:
- Sauté sliced chicken liver with chopped onions, potatoes, mushrooms and bell peppers for a nutritious hash.
- Puree cooked chicken liver with a drizzle of oil and your favorite herbs and spices for a nutrient-dense dip that pairs well with whole-grain crackers.
- Thread raw chicken livers onto skewers with bay leaves. Grill the livers until they become firm and season with salt and pepper.
- Chop cooked chicken livers and add them to a pasta sauce or bowl of chicken noodle soup.
Raw Pet Food:
Our Pastured Chicken Livers are also a great addition to your pet's raw food diet. Want to learn more? Check out Raw Offal & Liver Feeding Guide. If you are new to raw feeding your pet, be sure to check out Raw Feeding Guide for Dogs.
Then be sure to add these other raw items to your cart for your furry best friend!